Monday, February 14, 2011

Hello, my name is ...

It only seems appropriate to introduce my little family, because how can you understand my thoughts, struggles and joys without knowing the little ones who contribute to them? 

I'd like to introduce you first to Little One.   He is 100% boy!  Cars, trains, and trucks comprise most of his day ... as well as mine :)  He has the kind of cheeks that beg to be pinched.   His smile is still pure and innocent, although there is an unmistakably mischievous twinkle in his eye.    He gets more and more rambunctious the longer his hair gets, but in the midst of chaos he takes comfort in our daily schedule.   He likes routines and quiet days. He has precise ways his cars should be lined up, where each and every stuffed animal gets tucked in, and what PJ's he will wear to bed each night.   He is tender-hearted and crazy at the same time.  He is my firstborn, my sweet and sensitive little boy.

Next is Little Two.   He is 8 1/2 months and just one big stinker ... in fact, we call him chunky monkey because in 8 months he went from 5lbs to 17lbs!   Little Two has a belly laugh that will bring down the house.   He is on the verge of crawling, and has perfected the worm as his mode of transformation right now.   His smile is infectious, his hair is spiky and his little dance (which includes shaking his head from side to side and up and down) he does at meals and to fall asleep at night never cease to crack me up.  It doesn't matter what something is ... it must be in his mouth.   He is passionate, but is never happier when he is in my arms.  I love how he "needs" to bury his head in his blankets to fall asleep and how fascinated he is with his fingers and toes! He is my baby, my silly little snuggle bug.

These are my precious darlings, my babies, my little treasures.   They have brought more joy, giggles, fear, frustration, and exhaustion into our lives than my husband and I could ever have known.  But it has been worth every tear, every laugh, and every trip to the ER.  Right now life is perfect.  I have my boys (including my husband!) and life could not be sweeter.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome to the blogosphere Laurie :) Tell your family hello for me!

    http://maggylivingtall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THIS, my friend, is exciting :) Give those two huge kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete