Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Laundry

I have been fighting this for weeks ... that is, switching Little Two's clothing.  I should have done this weeks ago.  Poor Little Two!  He has begun to resemble Gus Gus from Cinderella with his shirts popping up over his belly while his pants have either transformed into capris or the snap refuses to snap.  He looks like quite the trend setter I tell you :)

You are probably asking, 'Why the laziness girl??', or thinking to yourself, 'dude, get the little one some new clothes!'.  I completely understand those sentiments, I do, its just ... I can't bring myself to acknowledge that my sweet little one is actually turning One!  He is changing from my teeny tiny little one we brought home into a crazy, happy, babbling toddler (who gets into EVERYTHING!).   Where did the time go?

As I fold these clothes it seems like yesterday Little One was running around in these polo shirts and overalls.   Memories of outside play dates, meeting new friends, and the joys of a teetering toddler not knowing which way he is going to fall flood my thoughts.  I miss those moments.

This probably seems silly (and maybe it is), but I think many moms feel a sense of loss as we put away clothes that no longer fit and pull out bigger ones knowing all too quickly those will become too small.  It is recognizing a stage of life (albeit short) is over, that our little ones are growing up, that they are one step closer to moving out and time is quickly moving on.   If only it would stand still so I could treasure my baby little ones for just a bit longer ... 



2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, so glad you're blogging! they are ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder to us to enjoy every moment, Laurie - thanks!

    ReplyDelete